Column of Convicts
What a completely unique landmark this late Gothic column expressing calvary is. Its design is probably the only one in the Czech Republic, because columns from Romanesque or High Gothic period were mostly destroyed during the Hussite wars, and new ones were built up later. The place where it had stood - it used to be about 20 m higher on the fall line than today, used to be outside of the town. The building towards the granary was built in the 19th century, the granary itself was built in 1819. There are no written documents, but according to its shape can be concluded that this column was built in about 1500.
Calvary above Plantárna
Calvary is a Baroque (later) imitation of Column of Convicts. Pudding-stone of small grains - the material it is made from, is quite different from the original draft. Its head laps over the stem and has a frustum shape, where originally rose up a cross from. Later, the top of the cross was removed and it was equipped with a small Pieta instead. In the front, and on both sides of the head, there are rugged niches, where there used to be painted images on metal sheets, in the frontage there used to be a lamp.
Marian Column in Hořovice was made from sandstone in 1711. Previously it was placed in the frontage of Church of the Most Holy Trinity, face to face people leaving the church.
Impetus to the construction was similar like in other towns - plague epidemic. Hořovice, badly damaged by fires, was also hit by plague in the year of 1680. Symbolism of the column has its origin there: On the pedestal of the monument, there are placed statues of St. Florian extinguishing the fire, and St. Sebastian, whose scars after arrows symbolize plague. On the forehead of the pedestal, there is a relief of St. Barbara - patron saint of the dying, and St. Catherine of Alexandria, another martyr. At the top of the column with Corinthian head, there stands Virgin Maria Immaculata. It is interesting that there are only 7 stars around her head - apparently the Virgin Maria of Seven Sorrows.
Baroque stonemasonry worked from Žehrovice sandstone from the end of the 17th century. It was originally located on Horse market in Prague. In June 1848, it was a place where well-known Whit unrest, which was attended by 2,000 people, started. In 1879, it was purchased by townsmen of Žebrák, and later on, the Tuček stonemasons from Cerhovice built it on Palacký square in Hořovice.
At the end 60s, the fountain was taken into pieces and, in connection with the reconstruction of Palacký square (around 1973), was deposited in the chateau. The fountain was restored and installed in front of the chateau during the year of 1986. Its further repair was carried out in the year of 2008.
The Memorial "Sacrificed"
First proposals of the Memorial "Sacrificed" had already existed for several years before incurring the thought to place a memorial dedicated to victims of war in Hořovice. For the first time we met the "Sacrificed" in a form of drawing on diploma from 1918, which was given to the first Czechoslovak Prime Minister Karel Kramář. Initiative to position the memorial was given by Association of victims of war, widows and orphans in July 1921. In July 1922, building of the pedestal construction began in the southern part of the square, and in late August 1922, Bílek's statue was installed there. On 10th September 1922, the memorial was solemnly handed over to Hořovice citizens. In the course of the 20th century, the statue was transferred to a concrete pedestal located in front of the entrance into Hořovice Chateau.
Statue of St. Roch
Valuable late-Baroque statue of St. Roch has its origin in second quarter of the 18th century. In 2010, the statue was restored by an acad. Arch. Jan Staněk.
The area of former vicarage originally represented a separate economic unit consisting of building of the vicarage, barn, farm house, pond, vegetable garden in the southern part, plantation in the northwestern part and a gateway significantly extended into the former connection of the chateau and the town. The vicarage was an early Baroque house. The oldest wooden elements are from 1636-42, the masoned core is even older.
One of reforms executed by Emperor Josef II. was prohibition of burials in municipalities, and that for hygienic reasons. On the basis of this prohibition, the original cemetery in Víska in the vicinity of Church of St. Giles was canceled in 1784, and the same year, a new cemetery in Rpetská street (old part of nowadays cemetery) was ordained.
Statue of St. John of Nepomuk
This piece of cast iron art was created in Komárovské ironworks. The statue used to stand near the road to Tíhava, approximately in the place where there stands the last appartment house of Višňovka settlement nowadays. Today, it is partly restored and located in the exhibition of Bohemian Karst museum titled Cast Iron Art of Podbrdsko located in Hořovice Chateau.
Water Tower Griselda
This imitation of Romantic castle tower was built in Dražovka in the year of 1813. In the open space in front of the tower, protected by ramparts, there used to be a small water reservoir with a fountain. This property served (and still serves) as a water supply, because there was no source of potable water in the neighborhood of both chateau. And water from the pond "U Krejcárku" was transferred through wooden pipes into the reservoir, and from there down across the field to the fountain in front of New Chateau.